Friday, July 7, 2017

A Romantic Yet Suspenseful Thriller...

Title: Follow Me Back
Author: A.V. Geiger
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: June 6, 2017
Source: Netgalley

Tessa Hart's world feels very small. Confined to her bedroom with agoraphobia, her one escape is the online fandom for pop sensation Eric Thorn. When he tweets to his fans, it's like he's speaking directly to her...
Eric Thorn is frightened by his obsessive fans. They take their devotion way too far. It doesn't help that his PR team keeps posting to encourage their fantasies.
When a fellow pop star is murdered at the hands of a fan, Eric knows he has to do something to shatter his online image fast-like take down one of his top Twitter followers. But Eric's plan to troll @TessaHeartsEric unexpectedly evolves into an online relationship deeper than either could have imagined. And when the two arrange to meet IRL, what should have made for the world's best episode of Catfish takes a deadly turn...
Told through tweets, direct messages, and police transcripts.

-what i liked-
  • The way that this story was told. It consisted of direct messages on Twitter among transcripts and tweets, which made for a very unique and enjoyable way of storytelling.
  • The dual perspective point of view. We get to read the story through both Tessa's and Eric's eyes, which allows us to get into the minds of both of them. I love multiple perspectives too-I'm just a sucker for 'em!
  • Eric Thorn. I literally loved the guy, but boy did he get on my nerves sometimes. More on that later!
  • The creepiness surrounding Tessa. Pieces of her past are slowly put together for the reader throughout the whole novel.
  • The plot twist. I didn't see it coming, but once it happened, it all made total sense!

-what i didn't like-
  • The way that Eric messed with Tessa online. He originally talked to her because of her obsession with him, but they do end up getting close.

-overall-
Follow Me Back is the perfect thriller for anyone who is involved in a fandom.

 -rating-

4 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I started getting intrigued with this one by the way the story is told! Ever since Illuminae I find that method to be very intriguing! Never thought I would like that particular style! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I did not see that coming. The ending really caught me off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!

    I gave your blog a follow, and I would truly appreciate it if you could check out my book reviews blog located at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Looking forward to reading more of your reviews!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you had me at Catfish :D I've not heard of this before but it definitely sounds like an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!