Sunday, July 9, 2017

Coming up for air

32470593Title: Coming Up for Air
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: July 4, 2017
Source: Netgalley

Swim. Eat. Shower. School. Snack. Swim. Swim. Swim. Dinner. Homework. Bed. Repeat.
All of Maggie's focus and free time is spent swimming. She's not only striving to earn scholarships-she's training to qualify for the Olympics. It helps that her best friend, Levi, is also on the team and cheers her own. But Levi's already earned an Olympic try out, so she feels even more pressure to succeed. And it's not until Maggie's away on a college visit that she realizes how much of the "typical" high school experience she's missed by being in the pool.
Not one to shy away from a challenge, Maggie decides to squeeze the most out of her senior year. First up? Making out with a guy. And Levi could be the perfect candidate. After all, they already spend a lot of time together. But as Maggie slowly starts to uncover new feelings for Levi, how much is she willing to lose to win?

**Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

what i liked
  • There's athletics in this book! I'm a dual sport athlete, so I really loved that aspect of this book. 
  • Maggie seemed really mature. It's not often that a contemporary protagonist seems mature! I was quite impressed by that.
  • It's another hit by Miranda Kenneally! I'm a sucker for her books. They're so great and such a breeze to get through.
  • LEVI. He was really my favorite character. 
  • I loved how close-knit all of the friends in this group were. Levi, Maggie, Hunter, and Georgia. They even all went out to eat to always catch up. I loved it!

2 comments:

  1. The most special thing about this book for me was the ending. It was a lovely gift from Kenneally to the Hundred Oaks fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the last book in The Hundred Oaks series? I've read four of them, but haven't read a few of the others. I hope that I'll eventually catch up on the rest of them! I love close knit friendships, and Kenneally seems to do a wonderful job with it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!