Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Perfectly Imperfect Read

35404649Title: The Perfectly Imperfect Match
Author: Kendra C. Highley
Publisher: Entangled Teen (Crush)
Release Date: July 10, 2017
Source: Netgalley
Series: Suttonville Sentinels #3
Pitcher Dylan Dennings has his future all mapped out: make the minors straight out of high school, work his way up from the farm system, and get called up to the majors by the time he's twenty-three. The Plan has been his sole focus for years, and if making his dreams come true means instituting a strict "no girls" policy, so be it.
Lucy Foster, needlepoint ninja, big sister to an aspiring pitcher, and chicken advocate, likes a little mayhem. So what if she gets lost taking her brother to baseball camp... at her own high school? The pitching coach, some hotshot high school player, obviously thinks she's a hot mess. Too bad he's cute, because he's so not her type.
Problem is, they keep running into each other, and every interaction sparks hotter than the last. But with Dylan's future on the line, he has to decide whether some rules are made to be broken...
Disclaimer: This book contains a crazy night of moonlit skinny-dipping, a combustible crush, and kisses swoony enough to unwind even the most Type A athlete.

**Thanks so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I had read Finding Perfect by Highley a while ago and I really loved it, so I knew that I had to read The Perfectly Imperfect Match. Little did I know, it's actually the third book in a series. However, I believe that each book follows different characters, so I completely understood what was going on in this book without reading the others--that's a huge plus!

I absolutely ate this book up. There's something about swoon-worthy baseball guys. They'll always have a special place in my heart. I really loved Dylan and Lucy's relationship. Lucy was super nerdy and into needlepoint and she just wanted to help fix up Dylan because she could tell he'd been through something.

In the end, I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for more by Highley in the future. If I can, I'm definitely going to check out the other books in this series because I loved this one. 


1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of this one a lot. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!